The Wichita Falls Fireplace Section was summoned to a Dollar Standard retail outlet in the 2700 block of Southwest Parkway Wednesday afternoon.
According to WFFD Assistant Fire Marshal Edward Mawson, the get in touch with came in just after 3:30 p.m.
The initial firefighters on scene found many propane tanks inside of an trade situation at the front of the retail outlet on fire and known as a second alarm since of the hazard.
They labored promptly and extinguished the blaze.
The retailer supervisor informed firefighters they noticed the fire and tried to extinguish it. Once they saw how large the hearth was, they evacuated the shop and named the fireplace office.
Mawson reported the fireplace caused around $50,000 in destruction to the shop and its contents.
No injuries had been noted and the bring about is less than investigation.
Stay with the Occasions Report Information for a lot more information and facts.
This short article at first appeared on Wichita Falls Moments Report News: 2-alarm fire called at Greenback Normal on Southwest Parkway